On this half-day tour, get a sense of the history and culture of Vientiane, the largest city in Laos.
Take in the sights and sounds as you visit must-see spots such as the historic Wat Si Saket, Wat Ho Phra Keo, and the stupa of Pha That Luang. Then wrap up your journey with a delicious Lao meal.
Embrace the atmosphere of this capital that has a mix of Lao, Thai, Chinese Vietnamese, French, and American influences. Visit one of the oldest temples in the city, Wat Si Saket—or Si Saket Museum—and marvel at thousands of miniature Buddhas at this temple-turned-museum. At Wat Ho Phra Keo, built in the 16th century as a royal chapel, listen to stories about the time that the famed Emerald Buddha called this temple home.
Next, stop at the Patuxai monument, which resembles the Arc de Triomphe in Paris with a Lao twist, and snap a picture with the monument that is decorated with Lao mythical creatures. At your last stop, Pha That Luang, admire the stunning, gold-covered stupa that is said to be built in the 3rd century and then complete your tour with a delicious Lao meal.
- 6th-century Wat Ho Phra Keo—former home of Emerald Buddha
- Impressive view of gold-covered stupa at Pha That Luang
- Great photo opportunity at grand Patuxai monument
- Visit to Wat Si Saket with thousands of miniature Buddhas
- Delicious & traditional Lao meal at end of your tour.