This amazing Laos Holiday takes in the glittering temples, peaceful townships, fascinating museums and caves of Laos. Discover the beauty of the country and interact with the ever-friendly locals – all the time under the wing of experienced and professional guides.
Day 1: Vientiane Arrival (None)
- Arrival in Vientiane
- Sightseeing in Vientiane: The spotlight of any Laos travel package, Vientiane still feels like a sleepy city with relaxed charm, tree-lined boulevards, interesting wats and colorful markets. Tour the different highlights of the city, including Pha That Luang, a gleaming golden stupa which is perhaps most important national monument in Laos; Ho Pha Keo, the formal royal temple, now a museum with beautiful examples of Buddhist sculpture; Wat Si Saket; and Patuxai, a monumental arch inspired by the Arc de Triomphe, but executed with Lao motifs.
- Overnight in Vientiane
Day 2: Vientiane (Breakfast, Lunch)
- Excursion to Buddha Park: This day’s excursion is to visit an open-air museums, Wat Xieng Khuan (Buddha Park). This is a collection of whimsical but compelling statues of Buddhist and Hindu gods.
- Afternoon at leisure
- Overnight in Vientiane
Day 3: Luang Prabang (Breakfast, Lunch)
- Transfer Flight from Vientiane to Luang Prabang
- Sightseeing in Luang Prabang: Set between the Nam Khan and Nam Ou rivers, Luang Prabang is an enchanting town filled with historic temples and colonial style buildings. The entire town was declared a UNESCO World Heritage Site in 1995.
- Begin your tour with Wat Visoun (Wat Wisunalat). The oldest living temple in Luang Prabang, Wat Visoun dates back to 1513 and contains a collection of antique wooden Buddhas.
- Visit the nearby Wat Aham before continuing to Wat Xieng Thong, the crowning jewel of all the monasteries and temples in the city. Its many ornate buildings feature exquisite mosaic and gold-stenciled murals.
- From there, stroll down the main street (Wat Street) of Luang Prabang.
- Time permitting, stop at some of the many temples that line its sides, including Wat Sibounheuang, Wat Si Moungkhoun, Wat Sop and Wat Sene.
- Visit Mount Phousi for sunset Climb the hillside stairs to the small temples atop Phou Si, the 100m high hill which sits in the middle of the town, offering beautiful views over the temples and river.
- Overnight in Luang Prabang
Day 4: Luang Prabang (Breakfast, Lunch)
- Visit Talat local market (Phousy Market).
- Visit the National Museum (former Royal Palace, closed on Tuesdays) and Wat Mai and excursion by boat to Tham Pak Ou Caves.
- Visit the weaving village of Ban Xang Khong.
- Overnight in Luang Prabang.
Day 5: Luang Prabang Free Day (Breakfast)
Day is free at leisure to relax and explore Luang Prabang on your own. Overnight in Luang Prabang.
Day 6: Luang Prabang Departure (Breakfast)
The last day of your Laos tour package is free at leisure till we transfer you to the airport for departure flight to onward destination. Vivutravel thanks you so much for your traveling with us. We wish you all the best and hope to arrange your next Laos tour. Goodbye and see you again!