Nam Ou River (Rice Bowl River) is one of the most important rivers of Laos. It runs 448 km from Phongsaly to Vientiane.
Along with the Mekong, the Nam Ou is the only natural channel suitable for large-draft boat transportation. Near its confluence with the Mekong are the Pak Ou Caves, famous for their Buddha statues. This full-day trip includes an enjoyable cruise along the Nam Ou, a stop at Pak Ou cave and a boat ride down the Mekong to Luang Prabang.
Travel by car to the ethnic minority village of Ban Nayang (Thai Lu). Cruise back to Luang Prabang along the Nam Ou River. Stopover at the famous Pak Ou caves followed by a picnic lunch near-by. Continue your cruise down the Mekong River to Luang Prabang.
- All transfers and transportation in private air-conditioned vehicle with driver
- Accommodation as indicated
- Private English speaking guide
- Entrance fees & excursions as mentioned
- Meals as indicated (Or Halal Foods if you want)
- Fresh water – 2 bottles per person per day
- International flight tickets
- Other drinks
- Other meals
- Personal expenses.